Monday, March 26, 2007

PowerShot - Back to power

Finally, I have my digicam back. My Canon Powershot A95 that gave a whole new dimension to my creativity. Ah! yes and also an alternative pastime too.

So where did it go and why the big deal?
Well... it just got back from the second repair.

The first time... moisture some how got into the cam and just when I thought the cam was dry enough. I switched it on only to put it back to sleep... and a strange burning smell. Obviously something went kaput inside. INR 7K for that kaput thingy.

Now after a long gap. The CCD gave a problem, though the camera was functioning normally but the display was corrupted, more worse it affected the resultant picture too. Initially it would set right after a while, much like how freshly poured water settles down after a while. But the problem got bigger and pictures got worse.
This worse pics scenario costed me INR 4K to set that right.

Well all ok now but, felt like making a chronological analysis to scare people into being careful. Here we go :)

Before I start 'the end; of this post. PLEASE DO TAKE GOOD CARE of your gadgets (SERIOUSLY). Sometimes we tend to get a bit rough with them due to over use... which is ok but try to be a little more careful.

Canon Powershot A95
Purchased in 14Feb2005, NO! it wasn't a Valentine Day gift.
(2 years old now)

Phase 1 - 14 Feb 2005 - 03 Sep 2005
Approx 5000 snaps
Short Circuit due to moisture
Repair Exp - INR 7000

Phase 2 - 19 Dec 2005 - 12 Feb 2007
Approx 12000 snaps
Replaced the damaged CCD
Repair Exp - INR 4000

Phase 3 - 25 Mar 2007 - (not so soon I hope)
147 snaps so far. Actually in just a day

TOTAL: Till date approximately 17,000 snaps

No comments: