Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Freedom Flower!

You could call it a strange but pleasant co-incidence. I found this flower among the roadside trees today (14August2007) a day before we celebrate 60 years of independence on 15th August 2007. It has just the colors of out Tricolour Flag. I found it very unique and more because It was found in the most unlikely environments, among dust, cut branches of trees (that the electricity dept. does) and next to an open drain.

What could it signify...? I leave that to one’s imagination. To me it poetically indicates a new beginning, a very optimistic one. So what if we are surrounded with all the usual ‘garbage’ of ups and downs, calamities, bad politics, crime and corruption. There will always be a positive side to look at.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too good !! ..
- Sagar

Padmanabh said...

Thanks really cool RJ!!

Unknown said...

Too good Rajiv... I totally agree with you. This could be the new beginning

Chandramohan 'CM' Kannan said...

very well written dude... I am impressed...

Sujay Ghorpadkar said...

Thats great... it only goes to say that "there is wonder in most every thing we see" we just need the vision to see it.
So it is, I guess about our nation too... there are a lot of problems and chaos around but there is a hidden character and warmth here that I suppose you will not find anywhere else...! Proud to be here...!